Their full length album “Bright Roads Ahead” was released in February 2012. Making Faces have been gaining a rapid following and have established themselves as a staple in the SouthEast. A wide variety of audiences appreciate their eclectic blend of music.
They’ve had opportunities to share the same stage and/or be the opening act for bands such as:
The Offspring, BareNaked Ladies, The Original Wailers, Fortunate Youth, Soul Asylum, Less Than Jake, 10th Avenue North, Slightly Stoopid, Tribal Seeds, Ballyhoo, Dirty Heads, Jimmy Needham, Passafire, Stick Figure, the Heavy Pets, Reel Big Fish.
Other notable performances have included:
• SunFest (Florida’s Largest Music & Art Waterfront Festival), main stage
• Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, multiple venues
• Warped Tour (South Florida) – Cruzan Ampitheatre
• Selected to represent the USA on a festival tour in China, Hunan region
• South Florida Fair (West Palm Beach), main stage multiple performances
• Clematis By Night (West Palm Beach), headliner multiple performances
• Florida Music Festival (Orlando)
• Red, White and Boom Festival (North Palm Beach), headliner
• Sloppy Joe’s (Key West and Daytona Beach)
• The Hard Rock Live (Tampa & Atlanta)
• Surfers For Autism Festival (Deerfield Beach), main stage.
• Brew At The Zoo (West Palm Beach), headliner
• National College Cheerleader Competition (Daytona Beach) headliner
• Light Up Ocala Festival (Ocala), headliner multiple years
• 5th Avenue Taproom (Tallahassee)
• Opening act for Jimmy Needham, PBA event (West Palm Beach)
• Turtle Fest (Juno Beach), main stage
• Ignite The Nite (Greenacres), headliner
• Palm Springs 4th of July Festival (Palm Springs), healdiner
• The Delray Affair (Delray Beach), mutiple performances
• Buzz Bake Sale Festival (West Palm Beach)
• Hooked On Music Festival (Fort Pierce)
John DeMatteo: VOCALS, GUITAR. DeMatteo was born in Buffalo, New York and raised in Coral Springs, Florida. He went to the University of Florida and majored in partying. He was formerly his own worst enemy, and lived a shallow existence. After experiencing life changing events, John has a renewed perspective. Everyday he is excited about his journey and the places it takes him, and the people he meets. In his spare time, John enjoys insomnia, cutting his nails, and eating Larabars.
Matt Brown: VOCALS, BASS GUITAR. “Gazoo” can play many instruments . . . drums, keys, bass, guitar, vocals, even kazoo. He was born in New Brunswick, NJ and raised in Plantation, FL. He moved to West Palm Beach by way of old western caravan his senior year in high school. Matt is allergic to cats, has his masters in concentration (made the diploma himself). He also likes to write and produce music, and workout.
Matt Gaulin: DRUMS, PERCUSSION. Matt was born and raised in Providence, Rhode Island. He studied music throughout high school and college and is a classically trained percussionist. Since moving to Florida in 2007, he has been in some great bands. He works at a boring insurance job during the day and saves the world with Making Faces at night. He plays full contact origami, does algebra for fun, and is too sexy for his shirt.
Efraim Emback: VOCALS, KEYBOARDS. Efraim is a native of Brazil. He walked to Florida and went to Carver Middle School. He loves the ambient sounds of the ebony and ivory. He enjoys energetic dancing around his keyboard while playing and interacting with people to make them smile while sometimes becoming ‘Efraim the Rasta’.
John Boes: SAXOPHONE, PERCUSSION. John is too saxy for his own good. Born and raised in Boynton Beach, his playing will make you horn-y. He enjoys traveling, funky music, and skateboarding. He looks like Russell Crowe when he doesn’t shave, and is known as Boesy, and even known in some countries as DJ Poolside.